Monday, September 26, 2005

A Long Week Ahead.......

It has been several days since my last post. Seems like time can slip by pretty fast and the days rush by. Whats been going on? Well.........we went to Bent Creek to do some bike riding on Saturday. Not a bad place to ride really. There were lots of other folks with the same idea. Finding a parking spot at the Hardtimes trail head was not easy. But all in all......not a bad day. It has been a few weeks since our last bike ride and it really shows. Those hills seem to get longer and longer every time we go.
Hurricane Katrina clean up is still in full swing, but no sooner had the clean up started then another hurricane hit the gulf (Rita). Port Arthur Texas and the western coast of LA got hit pretty hard. And of course that caused gas prices to jump again. Still around $2.85 a gallon. Will it never end? It looks like rain will be moving in to Tennessee today. We have had none at all since Katrina. Fine with me. At least that stops the yard from growing like wild fire and gives me a chance to get caught up on the fight with weeds. I think I'm winning!! But then again mother nature has given me a much needed break. Thank you God!
I arrived in NewPort News around 11:15 or so last night. And what do you know.CONSTRUCTION and TRAFFIC all along I64.
The high point of this week will be when I get back home maybe Thursday night, Friday morning and head over to Brevard NC. for a little camping/biking trip. And that means that there will be new pictures to add to the web site when we return. I have a few pics from Bent Creek that I will upload later tonight when I get back to the apt.
How many days til Friday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com