Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The first sign of winter

The first sign of winter has reared it’s ugly head. As I walked out the door this morning on my way to work I was greeted with small pellets of ice, snow and rain all at the same time. It is going to happen in spite of all our hopes and desires that the weather remain a little more user friendly.
The seasons are all part of a master plan for our lives and for the earth in general. Without the four seasons the balance if nature will be thrown off. Insect would devour the crops, the fields would never have a time of rest.I am thankful for each experience that comes with the seasons and approach winter with as much excitement as I can muster. When I was a child with no cares in the world and no obligations to meet, winter was a welcomed site. No school, days of playing in the snow. I never owned a sled. Money was a little hard to come by. So I didn’t even ask if I could have one.
As an adult I view winter as an obstacle rather than a blessing. I think of myself as a fairly woods smart guy with most of the skills that I would need to make it out in the cold. But I do from time to time question just how long would I survive when faced with the elements. As most of us who are of the outdoorsy type personality will testify to…we take pride in being prepared for anything that nature has to offer. But there can be from time to time something that will put us to the test. Winter seems to be that test for me. This year I will make an effort to enjoy winter as much as I can. I always seem to find beauty in the other seasons, surely there is something just as beautiful in winter.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com